We all love aloe vera gel and have heard so many good things about it. It soothes skin, can be applied on burnt and bruised skin, nourishes hair, reduces acne, gives you glowing skin etc etc. But, i was still in pursuit of a good one. I used to use nature’s essence at first, but its ingredient list made me stop using it. Then I tried Patanjali, but I could never put my trust in it and I hated the smell. Also I didn’t get why these companies add green colour, when we all know that aloe vera gel is colourless. I even tried the pure natural gel straight from the plant, but it has to be kept in refrigerator, has pretty small shelf life and takes time to extract. When I have the time and energy, I still prefer to get the leaf, but I wanted something that I can keep in my room and carry everywhere.
So, when I saw this one on nykaa’s website, I really wanted to try it. I was having severe acne then and nothing was helping. I mustered the courage and bought it. Now it has been more than a month and I love it.
A moisture-rich soothing gel that contains aloe extract from Jeju Island, the Jeju Aloe Fresh Soothing Gel by Faceshop is your utlimate beauty bet. Enriched with the goodness of Aloe barbadensis, this gel from Jeju Island is made of 99% aloe leaf extract and also contains nine ingredients extracted from natural plants. Known for its medicinal properties, aloe moisturizes and softens the skin. It can also be used as a face mask or for after-sun care. Its formula immediately relieves irritated skin after sun exposure.Here’s to superb skin ladies!
- The rich essence of Aloe moisturizes and softens the skin.
- This product is dermatologically tested.
- Created to give you a gorgeous Korean beauty experience.
- It is devoid of paraben, benzophenone, animal oil, mineral oil, artificial colouring
Additional Information: Beauty treasure for millions around the globe, Faceshop is a South-Korea based skincare line that provides fabulous goodies for your beauty rituals. Ranging affordable high quality products born from botany, this sensational brand believes on creating products that stem from a lovely concept of ‘Science meets Beauty’. In a nutshell, Faceshop is your ultimate dream destination to treat your skin to it’s best beautiful.
It comes in this huge opaque tube. It is completely leak proof and travel friendly. Though I wish they had a small travel size version of this. Still it will be going to Switzerland with me next month.
Price : Rs. 390 for 300 ml.
Colour and texture : It is a clear gel
Scent : It has a very fresh scent that I absolutely love and I don’t think it will bother sensitive noses. It’s scent is something you will look forward to everyday.
Swatch: You can see how easily that gel went in my skin.
Shelf life: 12 months after opening it.
- Use it on your face and body after washing them, for nourished and glowing skin.
- Add it in your face mask to make it more powerful and get your masking game on.
- You can use it on your hair, either before shampoo or after wash.
- To use as hair cream after wash, you can mix it with your favorite oil and make gel hair cream.
- Use it as an after shave gel to calm your skin.
- Apply it on sun burnt skin for instant relief.
This product is exactly what my skin needed. I wanted something that I can apply on my face that won’t make me sweat and nourish my skin properly. It should have good ingredients and shouldn’t have parabens. It should smell nice and help me deal with breakouts. And this product checks each and every point on my list.
After my TBS seaweed gel cream was over, my skin started deteriorating and this gel is the only thing my skin is responding nicely in long term. The my envy box products used to be fine for a short while, but I felt that all that testing new things was causing me harm.
I also bought a face wash with it, but I didn’t like the face wash much as it was gel based and takes so much water to wash off and even after that it won’t come off completely. Also it didn’t do much with my acne. I bought another one to replace it but that’s a whole other post. Because that didn’t work either and I have bought another one. I will write a face wash post about them in a few days.
Anyways, I have been loving this aloe vera gel so much. I made my partner in crime try it and he loved it as well. His skin is oily and mine is combination and it suited us both perfectly. I am not sure what this 99% aloe gel means. If it means that in 300 ml, 297 ml is pure aloe veral gel I am thrilled.
- It smells amaaazzzing.
- At first you might get a bit sticky feel but that vanishes in seconds.
- It doesn’t break me out, instead it reduced the acne I had when I started using it.
- It doesn’t contain parabens.
- It is very economical.
- It has full ingredient list mentioned (yaayyyy for transparency).
- Apart from aloe vera, it contains spearmint extract, sage extract, lavender flower extract, basil leaf extract, soya been seed extract, chamomile flower extract, rosemary leaf extract, grapefruit seed extract etc etc
- In the ingredient list, the ingredients are mentioned in descending order i. e. the first thing mentioned has the highest content, and in this product, the first thing js exactly what we are paying for aloe leaf extract, whereas in most aloe vera gels you will find aqua first (that means you are paying for water there).
- It takes very little at a time, so one tube will set you for atleast 9-10 months (if you use only on your face), even if you use it in face packs or any other use, it will last 3 months at least.
- It will suit each and every skin type.
- Gives a cooling sensation due to presence of spearmint.
- Availability is a serious problem with this. It is always out of stock on the only website it is sold on in India, which is Nykaa. If you ever come across this, I suggest you grab atleast 2 tubes.
- The presence of alcohol and that too at #3. Though I know it must be kind of necessary to increase shelf life.
Buy it here: Nykaa It is out of stock now. Click on notify me and put it in your wish list like I have. I keep tabs on it and I am going to grab it as soon as it is back in stock.
I have found my holy grail aloe vera gel. And after the body shop seaweed gel cream finished, my skin was really yearning for something good and this is it. I couldn’t buy the gel cream again as it is very expensive, but no worries as I have something as amazing now.
I will be writing a face wash post as soon as I am find my holy grail one. Till then..